This post may include affiliate links. We get a commission if you sign up with a partner; this commission is at no cost to you. And don't worry: We only recommend products and services that we believe may be helpful — scout's honor.(Last Updated On: February 13, 2019)
So, here are the #facts:
1. You’re coasting living paycheck to paycheck and going through the motions. Playing it safe.
2. You want desperately to not play it safe. You’re tired of seeing everyone else on The ‘Gram living it up.
3. Money is your struggle. It’s the ball and chain that makes you feel completely stuck.
4. You’ve wished upon a lottery ticket (or two). And tried a get-rich-quick scheme (or three). And been enticed by other random sketchy shortcuts that promise to solve your ball and chain problem.
5. You’ve gotten lost in the abyss of “internet land” and become convinced that the only way to be financially secure is by becoming an overnight YouTube beauty guru, having a cameo on reality TV, or something similar.
6. Screw #FACTS 4 and 5. You don’t need them. You just need a sound money plan. I know because I’ve been there, laid in the fetal position under the covers wondering “is this all there is to life?”, and then got so laser focused on saving, repaying debt, and starting a business that I turned it all around.
I created a 3-part video series on how to get your money together:
TOPIC 1 // HOW TO FINALLY STOP JUST MAKING ENDS MEET.
A sneak peak into my struggle story and how I used money skills to come out on top.
TOPIC 2 // THE SECRET TO GETTING UNSTUCK WHEN YOU’RE DOWN AND OUT MENTALLY AND FINANCIALLY.
Unpacking the mental reasons for living paycheck to paycheck, and a tactic I use to get unstuck to do/create/achieve great things personally and financially.
TOPIC 3 // BUDGETING STRATEGIES FOR THE CHRONICALLY SCATTER-BRAINED AND DISORGANIZED.
Breaking down how a budget can work for you even if you’re not the most prim, proper, or put-together person on the planet.
Need to get your spending in check?
Subscribe to get the checklist: 107 THINGS TO DO INSTEAD OF SPENDING MONEY